Hi! I will be gone for most of the Summer. I will be queuing some things though. Have amazing Summers!
Hi! I'm Lauren.If you need someone to talk to, you can talk to me. I will definitely listen and try to respond.
I just want you to know that you're not alone.
My normal blog (for nerdy stuff and funny stuff) is http://imaselfrescuingprincess.tumblr.com
Put together a self care/distractions kit :). I am really making an effort to use my DBT skills more, and I really liked this idea. Thought I would post because I am happy with it and also in case anyone was looking for ideas for what to put in one. So here is what’s in mine:
- Magazines (for making collages)
- A sketch book for writing or drawing
- Some colouring pages
- A paper cube craft
- A few books that I like
- A yoga video
- Two books of affirmations and positive inspiration
- A sudoku and a crossword book
- Supportive letters and cards from friends and family (to remind myself that people care about me)
- Bubbles (who doesn’t love bubbles)
- Three stress balls (I kinda like these)
- Two soft stuffed animals
- Markers, pen, pencil, and ink pen
- Rubber ball (to bounce off a wall or to throw across the room if I’m angry)
- A face mask
- Phone numbers of people I can talk to
- Body butter that smells wonderful
- Nice tasting lip balm
- A charm given to me by one of my nurses in the hospital
- An elastic band
- Sticky tack (fun to play with)
- Nice smelling perfume
- Bubble bath powder
I’m proud of you. I’m proud that you made it through the night. I’m proud that you made it to a new week. I’m proud of how strong you are. I proud of every good decision you make. I’m proud of every good thing you do.
I’m proud of you.
people with anxiety disorders are so brave like we feel unbearable amounts of anxiety over doing things like going to the doctor or getting on a plane or talking on the phone or taking a test but sometimes we find the strength to do those things anyway even though we’re terrified out of our minds and that’s really amazing. people with anxiety are brave as hell
I hope this brings a moment of peace and calm into your life. Recognizing that anxiety is a problem for many people and is not so easily expressed.
I like to have white or ambient noise playing while I study, so I thought I’d share a list of my favourite websites in case anyone else was interested.
- Rainymood - Allows you to play rain, with suggestions of ambient music to play at the same time. Has an iOS and Android app, my personal favourite.
- Calm - A visually beautiful website. Provides moving backgrounds and an option for guided calm which allows you to immerse yourself in the music and to relax. Has a free app for iPhone. Another one of my favourites.
- Showertime - The experience of taking a shower without the water. Allows you to control features such as length of shower, size of room, water pressure, etc.
- Coffitivity - The background noise of a coffee shop. Allows you to choose between different locations such as lunchtime lounge, morning murmur etc. Has an app for iOS and Android as well as a desktop app for OS X.
- Soundrown - A website with a sleek minimalist design, allows you to choose between rain, coffee shop, ocean, fire, bird noises, or a combination of the five.
- Relaxing Snow - Visually beautiful falling snow, the website gives you the opinion to play music with the scenery, or to choose your own.
- Raining.Fm - This website gives you the ability to adjust the rain to exactly how you’d like it, with options to tweak thunder, rain and storm noises. Has an app for iOS and Android, as well as a timer and snooze option.
- Rain For Me - Simple rain effects with the option to download the audio files for offline listening.
- Snowy Mood - Inspired by Rainy Mood, this website really makes you feel like it’s winter. Perfect for playing while snuggled up in a warm bed.
- Rainy Cafe - Combines the sounds of a bustling cafe setting with the sounds of drizzling rain. Allows you to select the volume of each setting, or turn one off completely.